e-source Procurement Portal
Acquedotto Pugliese S.p.A., center of excellence for the management of water supply network and drainage system with 4 million customers served, which used other platforms for the Supplier Register and the e-Procurement since 2008, has highlighted the need of a solution more suitable to their features. With this aim it launched a tender that was won by Venicecom, rated as the provider with the best product. In 2012 he managed a total of 600 tenders for a total of more than 120 million euro won.
Venicecom provided the Customer, which belongs to Special Sectors of the Public Contracts, with e-source their own solution, developed after previous consolidated experience in both Italian and foreign markets.
These are the benefits of the adopted solution:
- Speeding up of operations in full compliance with procurement Italian laws (L.163/06 s.m.i. – automatisms, pre-configurations).
- Standardization of procedures with general simplification of the purchasing process, reducing the possibility of human error.
- Internal management of communications, avoiding the dispersion of information among different operators.
- Increase in number of Suppliers, manageable tendering processes and Suppliers involved in each procedure (more competition).
- Transparency and traceability of transactions and communications (reduction of controversies and legal costs).
- Cost reduction and time optimization by:
- Elimination/ automation of activities with low added value (alert deadlines, notifications, internal communications)
- Simplifying the exchange of documents with Suppliers (electronic instead of paper)
- Online management to see the activities at any time from any location.
- Acquisition of an analytical knowledge of the buying process thanks to the interface with other business systems (accounting, business intelligence).